- This event has passed.
Webinar: Integrating Primary Data & Secondary Data into CI Operations
April 28, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Speaker: Erik Glitman, CEO Fletcher/CSI
Hosted By: SCIP
Relevant Competitive Intelligence (CI) Data comes from many different sources. The most common, and easily accessed CI comes from secondary sources while the more insightful, harder to get CI comes from primary interviews. Placing too much emphasis on either primary or secondary sources is not a best practice for CI professionals. This session will discuss how to find an optimal middle ground for your CI efforts and how to best integrate both primary and secondary data into your CI operations.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Benefits from primary and secondary data and the relative strengths of each
- What can be obtained using secondary data sources and the pitfalls of relying too much on secondary data
- What primary sources can provide that is unique and what sources or collection tools to avoid
- Incorporating both sources in CI reporting for Newsletters and monitoring, In-depth reports, Ad-hoc research, and Conference attendance
- Hybrid secondary data sources such as social media and how to leverage those sources to produce primary information
The webinar will use concrete examples of the data types and show how they can be integrated to produced robust CI and drive decisions.